Thursday, December 11, 2008

I know she is listening

We've been talking about the Christmas story especially at dinner when we light the Advent wreath. We've talked all about how Mary was pregnant with Jesus and how He was born in a manger, etc. We decorated the house last weekend, and one of the kids' favorite decorations is a handmade, kid friendly manger scene. It has just the Holy Family, and the baby Jesus is probably about the size of Grace's hand. Well, as you may know, Grace LOVES playing babies. So, the other day she was sitting in her little chair in the living room plying with this Mary, Joseph, and Jesus, and I look up as she is rocking and cuddling the little baby, and she says, "Look Mommy at my little baby Jesus, she just came out of my tummy. She's a newborn, isnt she tiny and cute?" She had the sweetest little question mark on her face as she said it. I could only laugh, it was so sweet and innocent. She's our little tender heart. I guess we need to go over the details of the Christmas story a few more times...

2 comments:

Katherine said...

What a sweet story! Gracie and her babies and so sweet with baby Jesus!

Anonymous said...

I love that story! I knew Grace liked to play with her babies but not with baby Jesus! HA! HA! HA! HA!