Thinking about election day being tomorrow, I thought I'd share this funny story about Gabriel. Oscar and I voted on the first day of early voting, and we decided we'd go that night after dinner. Gabriel following the conversation said that he was going to vote for John McCain. This is funny because Oscar and I don't really discuss politics much in front of the kids. It's also interesting to note that both he and Grace know both of the names of the candidates. Both parties have done their jobs at getting their names out there! Anyway, we tried to explain to Gabriel the whole voting process and how you had to be 18 to vote. So then he switched his part of the conversation to making sure we would vote for his choice. Well, we left after dinner to go to our voting place and before we got out of the car, I told him, "now listen, who you vote for is private so when we go in, just stay quiet about who we're voting for". We vote at a small community center, so I could just imagine him running around chanting "John McCain, we want John McCain!" Ok, so we go in and I'm standing at my cube voting and the whole time Gabriel is whispering very loudly, "did you vote for John McCain yet, did you? did you?" After trying to persuade him to be quiet, his next question was, "Mommy when do we get to meet the presidents?" Poor little thing, he was expecting to see the 2 "presidents" there! Well we made it back to the car and the ride home was then the explanation as to why John McCain and Obama weren't there. Who knew the voting process could be so much fun! It's so sweet to see his little mind work!
2 comments:
hahaha - cute little fella! That is such a funny story! ;) So proud of our little Republican! :)
Welcome to the world of blogging! Yea!
That story was so funny! I would also love to see John Mc Cain and Baraka Obama too! I am very glad you got the blog too!!! Hope to recive many other stories from you guys!!!!
Post a Comment